Sunday, June 21, 2009

Roast chicken and bread salad for a rainy Sunday

Whenever I'm craving home, I think of making the roast chicken and bread salad from The Zuni Cafe Cookbook. It's super labor intensive and feels like maybe it's not worth the effort but upon eating it you realize there is something to be said for extra effort sometimes. It's an amazing meal, balanced to perfection. I truly think Judy Rodgers is a genius, I love her thorough approach to food and ingredients, she really is an inspiration. I hope someday I have the chance to meet her. Maybe that will happen when we speak about the Castor & Pollux cookbook that is on our very long (and exciting) list of projects for the future. We are planning a cookbook that features favorite recipes and ideas from designers, customers, friends and anywhere else we find them. It will be about entertaining and gracious living, things that occupy my mind quite a bit over here on 10th Street. Till then though, make this chicken, it will not disappoint. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment