Thursday, July 16, 2009

Welcome to the third installment of the Ladies of Castor & Pollux. Please meet Cindy DiPrima!

I first met Cindy many years ago when we were both working at Martha Stewart. The hallways there were overflowing with craft projects, antiques and caffeinated RISD students. Despite the many distractions, I always noticed Cindy and admired her style and verve. A few years later, we went on a “friend date.” We had so much in common -- from clothing to homes to food and culture -- that we continued talking well into the night. A couple bottles of wine later it was confirmed: We were friends! She is currently in the process of starting her own business, and we like that around here at Castor & Pollux. The new business will be related to her current career in prop styling. I can only imagine how wonderful it will be.

You can see her work at www.cindydiprima.com and get a glimpse into her beautiful way of seeing the world. I promise, you won’t be let down. She’s truly inspiring.


_________

The Ladies of Castor & Pollux
Lady no. 3
Cindy DiPrima

Photo by John von Pamer

Favorite recipe?
Bourbon chicken liver pate by Paul Grimes at Gourmet. It's so easy and so delicious. Or the chocolate whiskey ice cream from the River CafĂ©. Or when I’m feeling virtuous, the spicy skin saver juice from Pure Food and Wine’s "Raw" cookbook.

Last great book you read?
Hill, Napolean. Think and Grow Rich.

Summer drink of choice?
Bombay and tonic or Chateau Porcieux Rose.

Animals, names and breeds?
We don’t have any pets.

Do you exercise? What do you do, if so?
Yoga.

Salty or sweet?
Both. Together.

Who inspires you and why?
My sister-in-law, Dana, because she is the best mother I could ever imagine (aside from my own!) and she gets more done in a day than I ever knew was possible.

Pool or ocean?
Both.

Favorite city?
I’ve never been to Buenos Aires so I’ll have to go with Paris. And I love Portland, Oregon.

Last great vacation?
Traveling with my boyfriend through Provence, staying with our amazing friends, the d’Espagnets, in their 18th century castle. Horses, chickens, an above-ground pool and drives to the Cote d’Azure.

Favorite tv show?
Rachel Maddow
.

Weirdest job you've ever had?
The one I have now is up there.

Favorite restaurant?
I’m a sucker for Sant Ambroeus.

Favorite object in your home?
A pair of very old Chinese porcelain horses, or a painting of trees by my great-grandfather Otto Bacher.

Favorite piece of clothing?
Right now it’s an off white Mayle dress with cut-out lace from last summer, or a Risto Bimbolowski peach dress from Castor & Pollux. Everything should fit me that well.

Favorite blog or website?
I love Heidi Swanson’s 101 Cookbooks. And of course the Castor and Pollux Blog!

Something you're scared of?
The 1-click button on Amazon.

Favorite record?
Some Girls.

Favorite pop song?
Estelle’s American Boy or anything featuring Snoop.

Your Ideal day?
Sleeping late, good coffee, grueling yoga or a tennis match with my boyfriend, swimming, reading, sun and dinner outside with loved ones.

Favorite gift you've ever received?
A French porcelain vase from my old assistant. It looks like a little fence and holds just a few flowers. It wasn’t meant to be for sale, but she convinced the owner to sell it so she could give it to me for my birthday. I keep it on the mantle and I love it. Thank you, Whitney!

Favorite flower?
Garden roses.

Astrological sign?
Virgo.

What do you do for a living?
Stylist. Interiors and Still Life.

Where do you live?
West 16th Street near Union Square. We just moved in and I’m in love. It's huge and the fireplace works!

Your lucky number?
Today I’m feeling 16.

What piece of art would you buy if you had no budget?
A Franz Kline or a Sargeant.

No comments:

Post a Comment